hello guys , it’s been long since i last posted here. Just to share with you guys i would be enlisting in the army soon. Been busy with projects and thought the best way to interact with you guys would be facebook. For those who have subscribed to use on our facebook page , you would have been kept updated of new apps such as Google Chrome , iOS 6 , Speculated images of iPhone 5 as well as mobile payments.
This blog post focus would be “How to backup your contacts locally? aka “How to backup to VCF”
The reason i am writing this i realised many do not know how to backup their iPhone’s easily. (thanks wei cheow for bringing this up)
Remember those days , where contacts would be as simple as backup to SIM
i understand it’s a nightmare to copy and paste stuff out of the iPhone for non-technical users. I totally believe Apple should have a one-click backup. Actually they do, which would iTunes . But what if let’s say you are in the following scenarios:
- Changing to Android ( I see lots of women jumping over to the Galaxy S3, no offence if you are a guy)
- Downgrading to Nokia
- Or perhaps “I just wanna throw my phone away , find out who is really there for me”
- Just dislike iTunes (Perhaps for audiophiles you use another program)
Alright , so perhaps this was Apple Master plans , let iPhone developers to work out solutions.
Steps to Back-up Contacts locally .VCF file format
Step one : Download My Contacts Backup , yeap it’s FREE as of now
Step two : Click Backup & Wait.
Step three : Email yourself the .vcf file (You can sign up a email here if you don’t have one)
Step four : Pop some champagnes , you have managed to successfully backup all your iPhone / iPad contacts
Now , for Android Users ,
i already have this .VCF file how do i put it into my Android phone?? (Singlish)
how do i import the exported .VCF file into my Android Device. (English)
It’s very easy all you have to do is ,
Step 1: login to Google Contacts
Step 2: Import Contacts
Step 3: Upload the file which you sent yourself previously (.VCF) and click IMPORT
There you go , that’s how to backup contacts , we are always seeking improvement to help others. tell us if there’s a better way to back to .VCF it in the comments below. (If there is)
Hope this help !
We Recommend :
Sign up for our mailing list.
Like Us NOW! Be Informed!
- Official : iPhone 4S Singapore Release Date: 50,033 view(s)
- iPhone 5 Release Date Singapore: 28,638 view(s)
- iPhone 4S Pre-Order Date Singapore: 19,714 view(s)
- When is iPhone 5 Launch Date Singapore? : Updated: 17,269 view(s)
- OFFICIAL : Apple iPhone 5 Event is 4th October 2011 Tuesday: 16,704 view(s)
- Vicky on iPhone 5 Release Date Singapore
- James Kitchener on AllDealsAsia App: Find your Daily Deals all in one App
- Iphoneappsdeveloperssingapore on Backing Up Your iPhone Contacts Locally to .VCF in 3 steps.